Lots of people got a good look at the beautifully re-furbished manse on recently – and there was coffee, food and chat as well.
In case you missed the opportunity, here are a few very informal pictures taken during the tour – sorry, we didn’t manage a picture of the kitchen extension, but it is an excellent, bright and functional space as well.
Well done to Willie, Valerie, the rest of the Manse subcommittee and the Forbes Family – time for a family to move in!
During the summer, our Treasurer Les Simms gave the congregation a short presentation to update us on financial aspects of the Manse Renovation Project.
Les outlined the budgetary arrangements that have been agreed by congregational committee, giving us the latest projections on the final costs of the project set against information about our current funds. It was encouraging that in addition to the good start we had with our Gift Day, a series of fundraising events had made a substantial contribution . Les paid tribute to Robert Stewart and all the fundraising team.
He proceeded to outline a variety of ways in which the congregation could assist
- by supporting fund-raising events
- by providing an interest-free loan
- by making standing order payments
- by a one-off a donation to the Building Fund ( which can be given during our collection of the weekly offering, via an envelope marked “Building Fund” with FWO number where applicable)
- indirectly through Gift Aid Contributions, adding approx 25% value to donations overall
If you would like more information about the funding details or about how you can get involved, speak to Les or any member of the Church Committee.
We will post more about the Manse Renovation Project, fundraising ideas and about how you can become involved soon.
Keep visiting this website and we will keep you right up to date with progress.